Augusta Technical College is an institute that offer two-year college degree and it is located in Augusta, Georgia. The school has four campuses, in Augusta, Thomson, Waynesboro, and in Grovetown. All benches are accredited by the Southern Association of colleges and School Council (SACS), so it is a technical college managed by the Georgia Institute of Technology system.
Augusta Technical College is the second oldest and second-largest city in the state. It is the county seat of Richmond County and is located on the Savannah River in east central Georgia and the South Carolina Interstate Highway. In 2006, Augusta was selected by the “Southern Business and Development” magazine as one of the “Top Ten Places for Talents in the South”.
Augusta Technical College is the reasonable institute that offers associate degrees, diplomas, and technical certificates. Provides more than 100 learning programs, including joint health and care, business and personal services, information technology and engineering, and industrial technology.
Two independent campuses are led by two principals, George Hardy and Raymond McConnell. In 1966, the school merged with the Richmond Regional Vocational School and changed its name to the Augusta Regional Technical School. Jack Patrick became the principal in 1977 and moved the school to its current location in 1981. By this time, the Augusta Institute of Technology had offered more than thirty-diploma courses.
The school was transformed from a local administration to a government administration in 1987, and in 1988, under the supervision of the newly established Department of Technical Adult Education (DTAE), it was then renamed Augusta Technical College.
Augusta technical college programs and classes
Augusta Technical College will provide three academic options for students in the fall semester: private courses, online courses, or mixed courses.
The 2020 fall semester is scheduled to start on August 24, 2020. According to CDC guidelines, courses will be offered in various forms to ensure the safety of students.
It will include online and hybrid course formats as well as online components. Instructors will take online courses through the blackboard.
Students participating in laboratory, clinical and hybrid courses will be informed of the date, time, and location of their classes so that they can submit reports on campus or clinical site for guidance.
Students who are new to online courses must complete badge training before enrolling. Students participating in the mixed curriculum will complete badge training in the first week of the course to prepare for the online portion of the course.
Students should contact their remote counselors to arrange questions and support during the appointment. Fundamental courses cannot be used to obtain optional credits to meet graduation requirements. Unless otherwise stated, normal admission is a condition of admission for all approved courses.
- ACCT – Accounting
- AGRB – Agribusiness
- AIRC – Air Conditioning Technology
- ALHS – Allied Health Science
- AMCA – Advanced Machine Tool
- ARTS – Art
- AUMF – Automated Manufacturing Techno
- AUTT – Automotive Technology
- AVMT – Aviation Maint. Technology
- BARB – Barbering
- BFMT – Building and Facilities Mainte
- BIOL – Biology
- BUSN – Business Technology
- CAVT – Cardiovascular Technology
- CHEM – Chemistry
- CHET – Chemical Technology
- CIST – Computer Information Systems
- COFC – Construction Fundamental Core
- COMM – Communications
- COMP – Introduction to Computers
- COSM – Cosmetology
- CRJU – Criminal Justice
- CSSP – Central Sterile Supply Process
- CUUL – Culinary Arts
- DENA – Dental Assisting
- DFTG – Drafting
- DIST – Direct Independent Study
- DMPT – Design and Media Production
- DMSO – Medical Diagnostic Sonography
- ECCE – Early Childhood Care and Educa
- ECET – Electrical and Computer Engine
- ECHO – Echocardiograpy
- ECMT – Electrical Constr and Maint
- ECON – Economics
- ELCR – Electronics Technology
- ELTR – Electrical Technology
- EMPL – Job Acquisition Skills
- EMSP – Emergency Med Serv Professions
- ENGL – English
- ENGT – Engineering Technology
- FRSC – Fire Science
- GCMT – Golf Course Management
- HIMT – Health Info Mgmt Technology
- HIST – History
- HORT – Horticulture Science
- HUMN – Humanities
- ICET – Instrumentation & Control Eng.
- IDFC – Industrial Fundamental Courses
- IDSY – Industrial Systems Technology
- LETA – Law Enforcement Training Academy
- LSEM – Learning Support Seminar
- MAST – Medical Assisting
- MATH – Mathematics
- MCHT – Machine Tool Technology
- MCTX – Mechatronics
- MEGT – Mechanical Engineering
- MGMT – Business Management
- MKTG – Marketing Management
- MRIM – Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- MUSC – Music
- NAST – Nursing Assistant
- NUET – Nuclear Engineering Technology
- OCTA – Occupational Therapy Assistant
- PARA – Paralegal Studies
- PHAR – Pharmacy Technology
- PHYS – Physics
- PNSG – Practical Nursing
- POLS – Political Science
- PSYC – Psychology
- RADT – Radiology Technology
- RESP – Respiratory Care
- RNSG – Registered Nursing
- SFMA – Sports Fitness Management
- SOCI – Sociology
- SPAN – Spanish
- SPCH – Speech
- SURG – Surgical Technology
- TDSG – Technical Design Drafting
- THEA – Theater Appreciation
- VAST – Vascular Technology
- WELD – Welding
Online course from Augusta technical college
For busy students, online courses are a good choice. Some people, especially older students and full-time workers, want to get a degree entirely online. Fresh schedule can found on college website about the online learning opportunities at the Augusta Technical College.
Due to the COVID-19 epidemic, Augusta Technical College is one of the 22 technical colleges in Georgia, The College will conduct online courses in the summer semester.
Augusta Technical College will provide seven complete online courses from Monday, to educate the students while ensuring their safety. General education courses will also be offered online, however, some of these courses have laboratory components and require students to be transported to campus.
Dr. Nicole Spencer, Vice President of Student Services said that when the students will be sent back to a limited laboratory, the number will be very small, and this kind of thing is under control. However, most of their courses will be continue through online coordination.
The college offers many online services, including academic advising and tuition fees, which will help students navigate during the enrolled semester. He said: “We also provide all online financing services. These services became a complete online system in the fall, so this spring is a good time for us.” Therefore, students can complete the financial aid process completely online. “
Students at Augusta Tech can register for the summer semester one day before the start of the course. For more information, you can visit their website.