Prilosec and its Uses
Generic Prilosec is the first proton pump inhibitor (PPI) to be available for the treatment of frequent heartburn. Generic Prilosec is for people with frequent heartburn (two or more days per week).
“One pill a day” works to relieve heartburn for up to 24 hours as part of a 14-day course of therapy.
Working Mechanism of Prilosec
Proton pumps are found on cells that line the stomach and are used by these cells to produce stomach acid. Omeprazole works by inhibiting the action of the proton pumps, and this reduces the production of stomach acid.
Acid is produced in the stomach as a normal part of the digestive process. However, sometimes this acid can flow back into the food pipe (oesophagus). This is called gastro-oesophageal reflux, and can cause pain and a burning sensation known as heartburn.
Missed Dose of Prilosec
Take the missed dose of Prilosec as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose of Prilosec and take only the next regularly scheduled dose. Do not take a double dose of Prilosec.
Excess Dose of Prilosec
Conditions for Storage of Generic Prilosec
Store Generic Prilosec at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Potencies of Generic Prilosec
Food and Drug Interactions with Prilosec
- While taking Prilosec drug you should not take any additional medicines to reduce stomach acid, for example H2 antagonists such as ranitidine or cimetidine, unless your doctor advises you to.
- Generic Prilosec may increase the blood levels of the following medicines and may therefore increase the risk of their side effects:
- acenocoumarol (nicoumalone)
- benzodiazepines such as diazepam, triazolam, lorazepam or flurazepam
- Due to its effect on the acidity in the stomach, Generic Prilosec may reduce the absorption of the following antifungal medicines from the stomach, which could make them less effective at treating infection:
- Voriconazole may increase the blood level of Prilosec
Contraindications with Prilosec
Generic Prilosec is contraindicated in the following:
Precautions with Prilosec
Generic Prilosec should be used with caution in decreased liver function
- Difficulty in sleeping (insomnia)
- Excess gas in the stomach and intestines (flatulence)
- Disturbances of the gut such as diarrhea, constipation, nausea, vomiting or abdominal pain
- Alteration in results of liver function tests
- Balance problems involving the inner ear (vertigo)
- Pins and needles (paraesthesia)
- Sleepiness (somnolence)
- Skin reactions such as rash and itch
- Pain in the muscles and joints
Generic protonix tablets, dose of protonix 20 mg, 40 mg, buy generic protonix online from Drugstoreone,
Protonix and its uses
Generic Protonix is a “proton pump inhibitor,” or PPI, that is, inhibits the amount of acid your stomach produces. It works on cells in the stomach to decrease the amount of acid made.
By reducing acid production, Protonix reduces the chance that acid can back up into your esophagus. It heals the sores and controls the symptoms of erosive GERD. Symptoms of erosive GERD may include Night – time heartburn.
Generic Protonix is used for:
- the short-term (up to 8 weeks) healing of a gradual breakdown (erosion) or sore (ulceration) in the esophagus which may be caused by the backward flow of gastric acid from the stomach into the esophagus (gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD). For people who have not healed after 8 weeks of treatment, an additional 8-week course of Protonix may be considered.
- the maintenance of healing or erosive or ulcerative esophagitis GERD.
- the long-term treatment of medical conditions that result in the body secreting too much acid, including Zollinger-Ellison syndrome
Working Mechanism of Protonix
“Proton-pumps” are enzyme systems found on cells that line the stomach. These cells use their proton pumps to produce stomach acid. Generic Protonix acts by inhibiting the proton pumps. This stops the production of acid.
Stomach acid is present as a normal part of the digestive process. Normally the lining of the stomach and duodenum (an area of the intestine directly after the stomach) have a protective layer which resists acid attack. If this layer is damaged, or large amounts of stomach acid are formed an ulcer can develop.
Generic Protonix reduces the amount of acid in the stomach and duodenum. This helps to heal peptic ulcers and helps to prevent them from recurring. Generic Protonix also helps to relieve the symptoms of reflux oesophagitis.
Missed dose of Protonix
Take the missed dose of Protonix as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose of Protonix and take only the next regularly scheduled dose. Do not take a double dose of Protonix unless your doctor directs otherwise.
Excess dose of Protonix
Symptoms of a Protonix in excess are not known.
Conditions for Storage of Protonix
Store Protonix at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Potencies of Protonix
Food and Drug interactions with Protonix
Generic Protonix may react with ketoconazole (Nizoral), ampicillin (Omnipen, Principen), or iron (Feosol, Mol-Iron, Fergon, Femiron, others).
Contraindications with Protonix
Generic Protonix is contraindicated in allergy or hypersensitivity to its ingredients.
Precautions with Protonix
Generic Protonix should be used with precaution in the following:
- Decreased kidney function
- Liver disease
- Nausea and vomiting
- Itching (pruritis)